Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Thankful

I once went to a psychic and she said, that I have to learn to say thank you when I am given compliments or something nice (this was among other things that she said, which we will get into at a later time). It has taken me a very long time to appreciate those situations, you know the ones that deserve a thanks.

At one time in my life I would wake up and as soon as I did so I would say "thank you for another day" but, due to some dark times in my life I found those days few and far between. In fact, I haven't done it in I don't remember how long. During these times I felt that I had nothing to be thankful for, the common statement became "why?"as in "why another day". Well, I may not know the answer to that but, I do know that it is out there.

So, now I can say "thank you for....."

another day
waking up and being happy
my family
the friends I have
the fact that I am here to feel anything at all
the strength I have found that I never thought I had
and most importantly ......just being ALIVE!!!!!!!

I don't know how I made it.....I certainly wasn't looking out for myself during this darkness, but somebody was.......THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. A thank you goes a long way, even if said to your self. You are the one who lead yourself through the dark times. You are a stronger person because of it too. I hope you have many more thankful mornings. Thank you for being a reader of my posts. =)

    ReplyDelete